Creating enjoyable relationships and
healthy home environment is attainable
We are an online resource that provides inspiration, competence, and support for building happy and healthy families.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- As a caregiver, you are looking for explanations or reasons for your child’s difficult behavior
- As the only parent in your peer group, who has kids with behaviors and you often feel isolated
- You’ve spent countless hours trying to find resources or learn how to become more engaged with your children; you do not feel as attached to your children as you would like to be, looking for new ideas on how to form a deeper connection with them
- You need help understanding or managing your child’s mental health diagnosis, family challenges, or the day to day struggles in your household
- You’re exhausted with trying to balance parenting and other responsibilities
- Your time and money is limited, you are unable to do big projects, coaching, or long-winded courses
- As a parent, you struggle with your own emotions. You feel overwhelmed, anxious, and unsure of how to reduce your stress; you want to feel more enjoyment in your daily life
- You are a new parent and don’t know where to start; what you do know is that you want to feel connected to others
- As a foster parent or kinship guardian raising a child who’s had a traumatic background, you’re looking for support and resources
If any of this sounds familiar, then you already know the importance of having support. Parent Hub is a unique opportunity to add a safety net of live support and tools at your fingertips. The Hub is your online resource for support and encouragement in your adventures of parenting. Our goal, our passion, is to elevate the family experience. We’re here to support you on your parenting journey. We also welcome clinicians and professionals who work with children and their families.
Are you ready for a change in your family?
As a member of the Parent Hub, you will:
- Opportunities to participate in quarterly Mastermind topics
- The convenience of monthly question & answer sessions (two different times) where members can ask questions or bring up situations with which they are struggling
- Gain access to developmentally appropriate resources, game ideas, and book suggestions
- Have the opportunity to gain more in-depth knowledge about various parenting topics through our growing course library
- Obtain discounted parent coaching, and receive personal guidance in working towards a healthy home environment and forming healthy attachments with your children
- Tap into the knowledge and experiences of therapists and other experienced parents throughout the community
… and so much more.
What makes us different?
- We have the education (counseling, mental health) and experience (providing in-person support) to back up what we share with families online. We speak from a foundation based on neuroscience and current research
- Our founder, Jennie, has the personal experience of raising a child with a severe mental health diagnosis and understands parenting will look different
- We provide tools and strategies to not only understand your child’s behavior but also how to connect with your child.
- We also want caregivers to have a stronger relationship with their children, to have more confidence in day-to-day parenting
- We believe that:
- The caregiver as the agent of change in their family and have a high level of respect for parents and guardians, offering a no-judgment zone and a safe space to return to when things get off track
- No one is perfect. We aren’t aiming for perfect families, families are imperfect. We are all doing the best we can with the internal and external resources we have
- There is always a root to the behavior, and that behaviors are a child’s way of communication.
- Families have the ability to change and adapt throughout life. A peaceful home IS possible.
- Change takes time. We want our families to not only extinguish today’s day-to-day fires but to have the knowledge, skills, and tools to prevent fires in the future.
- We do not have a quick fix, or a band-aide for a behavior or a challenge
Interactive Question & Answer calls designed to personalize the Hub experience and provide support to parents & guardians in their current struggles or challenges
Gain access to our library of helpful tools such as lists of children’s books & games as well as parenting resources, templates, and other resources to help your family
Set personal family goals or list your challenges as we help you in your parenting journey
Additional support for parents & guardians through Masterminds and recorded trainings
Suggestions, insights, advice, and support from the community.
Who’s Behind the Parent Hub?
Those who have known Jennie since childhood will share stories of her natural inclination of empathy towards others (people and animals) curiosity (wanting to know how things work and how to fix problems), and a strong sense of determination or tenacity (once she put her mind to something, nothing stopped her!). She has always been passionate. As an adult, professionally, as a mental health clinician, Jennie has walked alongside children and families in their journey toward healing. In addition to neurodiverse children and children who have experienced trauma, she has experience supporting children with significant mental illnesses. Personally, as a licensed foster parent, she has real-world experience caring for children with a variety of needs, including large sibling sets, medical needs, and elevated behavioral needs. As you can imagine, Jennie can be described as knowledgeable, high energy, and passionate.
Parent Hub is unlike the one-size-fits-all approach offered by many programs. Jennie understands the importance of diversity in resources and approaches for each family to find what works for them. Jennie knows firsthand parenting a neurotypical child can be difficult, but caring for a child who is neurodiverse, has experienced trauma, has a significant mental health diagnosis, or suffers from a disability adds another layer of complexity that many parents and caregivers had never anticipated. It’s not just that she talks the talk, but she walks the walk. Her resources and feedback are rooted in education, research, and experience. She is passionate about sharing what she has learned if it helps another family feel calm and connected.
To learn more about Jennie here’s more!
We understand there are so many options available when it comes to general parent coaching and family support. Our page is often visited by people asking, “how are you different from the parent coach that popped up on my Facebook or Instagram feed?” Our approach goes beyond general parent coaching. We understand LIFE happens every day. In between coaching calls, we wanted our families to have the opportunity to ask questions in the forums. Additionally, we wanted our families to have access to additional resources at their fingertips, at times that were convenient for them.
Are you ready for parenting support?
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get one on one support with my family's challenges?
Not only can you ask questions and get support or feedback in our community forums, you’ll also have access to our Question and Answer sessions where families can submit questions or requests for support. The Hub also has discounted group and private parent coaching that allows families to receive personal feedback. This alone is worth the cost of the membership!
What is the time commitment?
Great question! We understand our families are very busy with work, kids’ extracurricular activities, etc. We try to provide resources and templates that families can download and use right away. Families can spend as little or as much time in the forums or library area that they feel is needed. Our courses are broken down into smaller chunks in case a caregiver only has brief moments to absorb the content.
Will you be adding new content or is everything already loaded?
The Hub is continuously updated with new information added regularly. We will also take suggestions from current members for upcoming training and resources. As information and
content is added to the membership site, current Hub members will have access at no additional cost.
Do I receive anything in the mail when I join?
No – we are entirely online. You can access our information from your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. You will not get snail-mail sent to your home or work address when you register.
Why should I join? Can't I just obtain parenting advice through Google and Pinterest?
In today’s world of technology, it’s easy to find and share information online. While similar sites are great resources, our members will have access to our Hub handouts and templates, Question & Answer calls and forums. Members find it helpful to be around others who can act as a sounding board; they also like having professionals available should the need for additional support arise. And while many who are reading this have read dozens of books on parenting, the disconnect is the support after you’ve read the book. How many of us have read about a concept, but gotten stuck? In the Hub, we can help you unpack things in a more digestible way.
Can I access the content released at the Hub during my membership once I cancel?
Entrance into the members’ area and access to the Hub content are available only for the duration of your membership. If you cancel or choose not to renew your membership, you lose
access to the content in the Hub.
This website seems advanced. We don't have alot of major issues. Would the Hub be right for me?
Absolutely. The Hub covers material and resources for various stages of parenting. In fact, now is the perfect time for you to join because, in addition to gaining access to our resources, you’ll also be able to get support and insights from within the community to help you through this stage of your parenting journey. Even if your family doesn’t have specific issues, engaging in dialogue with and learning from others within the community is a valuable resource. Having the support of others can build resilience in families.
Do I have to post in the forums? I'm scared I will be judged or not supported.
You’re not required to post if you prefer not to. It’s normal to feel hesitant about posting your questions, personal struggles, or your family’s challenges online. It’s a big deal to be vulnerable, and we don’t want to break the trust that families put in our community. We encourage members to ping our moderators if they have any concerns. Our goal is to provide a welcoming and non- judgmental community. We do this by moderating Hub posts to ensure that responses are respectful. We encourage all families to have empathy, sensitivity and be encouraging towards each other.
Can you tell me more about privacy?
The Hub is a password protected membership site, which means content inside the Hub is not accessible to nonmembers. Only members who are logged in can access discussions in the
forum. We ask Hub families to respect the confidentiality and privacy of others who post, and avoid copying or sharing content posted by others without being given permission.
Does the Hub replace therapy or counseling?
No, it does not. While Hub members may feel that the support they receive is therapeutic, our goal is simply to provide support and resources in a single location; it does not take the place of individual or family therapy/counseling. Although our administrators and moderators have a lot of experience and wisdom in many areas, and share a passion for helping and supporting families on their journey to being healthy and happy, the Hub encourages families to seek out in-person counseling or online therapy if they need intensive support. We will not be diagnosing, treating, or offering clinical recommendations.
When are the monthly Q&As?
Our Monthly Q&As are currently on the first Tuesday of the month, one around lunchtime (central time zone) for those that would like to connect while their kids are at school and the other around dinner time (central time zone) if you’re not able to connect with us during the day due to work schedules or other conflicts.
Does it matter where I live?
Typically, for liability reasons, you’d need to work with professional counselors who are located in the same state (or country) in which you reside. However, with online support (remember, this isn’t therapy/counseling) that doesn’t apply. Families can join our community from anywhere in the world! Members can log in 24/7 to access content or post in forums.
I don't know if I want to spend money at this time
We get it. It may seem like a lot of money to spend on yourself when you have other expenses. We have two responses.
1. It may not be the right time, we have free options such as our blog or our free facebook group where families and caregivers can continue to get support from our team. Stay connected and close by to us!
2. Maybe it IS time. Maybe you landed on this page because one of your kids is struggling. Maybe you are struggling to connect with your child(ren). Maybe you’re feeling overwhelmed and don’t know what to tackle first. We want to help!